Community Forum

Device Paused/Bedtime Mode for my iPhone7

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Device Paused/Bedtime Mode for my iPhone7

I moved my Xfinity modem/router for a home network last night, and I'm having problems connecting to one device. Setup went fine as far as setting an SSID/password, and I can connect with an android phone and my MacBook but when I try to connect on my iPhone I get the "This device has been paused or is in Bedtime Mode." message screen. This problem persists even after resetting the modem and restarting the phone.

Expert

Re: Device Paused/Bedtime Mode for my iPhone7

XFINITY xFi

XFINITY xFi helps reduce the risk of children accessing age-inappropriate content from their devices using the xFi Parental Controls feature. Additionally, you can pause WiFi access over your home network instantly or during scheduled times with the Pause and Bedtime Mode features.

• To access Parental Controls, Pause and Bedtime Mode, open the xFi app or visit www.xfinity.com/myxFi and sign in with your XFINITY username and password. See Home Network Customization and Control with XFINITY xFi for instructions.
  • If you've previously set up a device block or a scheduled block for a device from the Wireless Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1):
    • For a device block, you will see the device listed with a Pause icon indicating WiFi access over your home network is already paused. For a scheduled block for a device (i.e., Bedtime Mode), you will be notified that your prior settings will be cleared. When you Pause/Unpause a device, access Bedtime Mode or Port Forwarding, you will no longer be able to access similar features (block, scheduled block or port forwarding) through the Wireless Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!