Community Forum

Delivery Status Notification: immediate Permanent Error but no activity on the receiving end

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Delivery Status Notification: immediate Permanent Error but no activity on the receiving end

Hi, I sent a small test message from my new comcast address to a server that I administer [the destination server] just to test things out.  Sometimes it works but other times I immediately get a message from mailer-daemon@comcast.net with subject "Permanent Error" and including the phrase "Diagnostic-Code: smtp."  That email appears to show only comcast servers--my destination server ip address does not appear in the chain of hand-offs.  Similarly, the destination mail log makes no mention of comcast.net around that time (and that log uses the same time zone as my own).  Can the original message be traced?  The id was:

Message-ID: <1333353358.288893.1510393418861@connect.xfinity.com>

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Delivery Status Notification: immediate Permanent Error but no activity on the receiving end

You can call Comcast security to see if they can sort this out for you----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!