Community Forum

Delivery Status Notification - abort after 1 second

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Delivery Status Notification - abort after 1 second

Frosty77 wrote:

I'm getting the same thing. 

I'm trying to email the State Senate Finance Committee 

john.astle@senate.state.md.us ; joanne.benson@senate.state.md.us ; delores.kelley@senate.state.md.us ; catherine.pugh@senate.state.md.us ; steve.hershey@senate.state.md.us ; katherine.klausmeier@senate.state.md.us ; lt.governor@maryland.gov; shirley.nathan.pulliam@senate.state.md.us; joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us ; adelaide.eckardt@senate.state.md.us

And some have come back 2x  like   john.astle@senate.state.md.us and joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us

Help...

/peeks in logs

Try sending smaller messages - looks like the destination server doesn't like messages that large.  

/checks EHLO of remove server

They'll accept a message with a maximum size of 26214400 bytes.   Keep in mind, that when you attach a file to a message, encoding it for transport typically adds ~30% or so.   You may need to experiment to find where the limit is.

New Poster

I'm getting the same thing. 

I'm trying to email the State Senate Finance Committee 

john.astle@senate.state.md.us ; joanne.benson@senate.state.md.us ; delores.kelley@senate.state.md.us ; catherine.pugh@senate.state.md.us ; steve.hershey@senate.state.md.us ; katherine.klausmeier@senate.state.md.us ; lt.governor@maryland.gov; shirley.nathan.pulliam@senate.state.md.us; joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us ; adelaide.eckardt@senate.state.md.us

And some have come back 2x  like   john.astle@senate.state.md.us and joan.carter.conway@senate.state.md.us

Help...

Official Employee

GNAGN:

I'm sending you private forum email.  Can you please reply to me privately when you have a chance?

Official Employee

GNAGN-

Sounds like something changed on the recipient side then.

The destination domain's email is hosted by mxlogic.com.  I'll see if I can find a contact at that provider and reach out to them.

Have you tried calling a contact at the company you're emailing, and having them look into it?  It's possible that someone at the company tweaked their mxlogic service settings, and inadvertently created the problem.

Regular Visitor

Yes, all the e-mails to anyone at the company abort.  I was e-mailing a couple of people a week ago, then on Friday they started aborting.  Same exact address, same signature in outlook that I use on everything.  I have not changed anything as far as e-mails or settings.  One day it was working, the next day it stopped.  I can receive e-mails from the company.

Official Employee

GNAGN - The destination mail server is rejecting it due to some content in your message.   Do *all* your messages to that company fail?  Have you recently started adding any special 'signature' or anything else to your outgoing messages?

ComcastDaveL 

Regular Visitor

CC Carole -

The solution you gave me was for a 554 denied message when I email a comcast.net address.  I am not having that problem.  I can e-mail many different addresses including the comcast.net e-mail addresses.

The 554 denied message is related to one specific company and they have their own e-mail address, not a comcast address.  I am able to e-mail all addresses for many different people and companies.  I have e-mailed this one specific company numerous times in the past few weeks and over the years.

On Friday, the emails started to abort with this one specific company.

Gold Problem Solver

FIRST:  Please edit your post and REMOVE all email addressed shown before they are all harvested by spammers!

To do:  In your post, click on OPTIONS on the far right side of your post.  Then click on EDIT MESSAGE.  A window will open showing you your post... DELETE all email addresses and then click post.

You are not allowed to post any personal information in the PUBLIC Forums.

RE;  Your problem:

Read this clickable link.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/fix-a-554-error/

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Delivery Status Notification - abort after 1 second

I have e-mailed this company for the past ten years and most recently just last week.  I can receive e-mails from the company.  All of the sudden, I am unable to send e-mails to their people.  I received a automated Delivery Status Notification.  The company is not having problems receiving e-mails from anyone else.  I can send e-mails to anyone else from my Microsoft Outlook 2010 without any issues routing it through my comcast e-mail.  The problem just started.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

Reporting-MTA: dns; qmta06.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net [76.96.30.56]

Received-From-MTA: dns; omta20.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net [76.96.30.87]

Arrival-Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:02:21 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822;

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  554 Denied [d6c49f25.0.1500311.00-2032.2199301.p02c11m111.mxlogic.net] (Mode: normal)

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:02:21 +0000

Received:

by omta20.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net with comcast

id Qm1u1n00X07v3qS8gm1zat; Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:02:15 +0000

X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=K+mxQUmI c=1 sm=1 tr=0

a=vEFFPDA1VfwOw8IQq1JoQw==:117 a=vEFFPDA1VfwOw8IQq1JoQw==:17 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8

a=GGcpBh7Jt_oA:10 a=rl5eUP2J6s4A:10 a=DAwyPP_o2Byb1YXLmDAA:9

a=Zr7miEi8wWIA:10 a=cKsnjEOsciEA:10 a=gU1DHHXpAAAA:8 a=QZB7aIChSRLxVkkgpT0A:9

a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=OLW1Yf_odvQA:10 a=O8tFHmiAw3kA:10 a=CK48zJjQWzMA:10

a=Ga_sPYmgjIAA:10 a=itANQu_LC3oA:10 a=yMhMjlubAAAA:8 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8

a=j1gEBNh1MUkT_Fhy2t8A:9 a=z7Mc5qzv3HdQU8Ma:21 a=gKO2Hq4RSVkA:10

a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10

To:

Cc:

Subject: test

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:01:54 -0600

Message-ID: <009701cf26ab$c1dd90a0$4598b1e0$@comcast.net>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0098_01CF2679.77456A90"

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0

Thread-Index: Ac8mq7VZt8+7jtWNS9exUVqvjU674w==

Content-Language: en-us

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net;

s=q20121106; t=1392069741;

bh=oOnp8ChtMhSyUunu3EpcM2Njzo3xeXLgM1kjbTe0OE4=;

h=Received:Received:From:To:Subjectate:Message-ID:MIME-Version:

Content-Type;

b=a8VlA1O5jBAhVdUMXaS+p5ntP1J7s76EhF2qdNekXfmN9kNZ2E47Jj9IIobETaOA6

kZba8vyUOrl4o7av+G8+tphSJkI+YI3DaStibxQC8BUuYMzV7lepF8B6iqAbTC0v+X

u3qLCzY8Ttq5cZLKUTn+GWA4La4rx8eEYamRJgZ0fXVhc9gEh+XUz4Duan+SlczY2O

SCK+lEg2PtvOJ10D73NER9WEf0pyEVt8ni02MVG6pIpZEhu3bAtvI6pinq+omlKT38

0TdqgGeFJnrl+byWa0M3hxde9iBKd5uin+MvDZEh/Zp7J+a+mZsqVOlVyfphHWnUNd

IxXc2uSW2H6ng==