Community Forum

Deleteing emails from all devices at once.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Deleteing emails from all devices at once.

Deleting the old account from my ipad and re-entering it worked! Apparently just changing settings does not work when you go from one incoming server to another, you need to delete and reenter the account. Thanks again; problem seems to be solved.

Highlighted
New Poster

If you go to comcast.net site and log in you see an option to to check your mail. If you click on that and then to to the settings tab there is an option to see accounts, and when you click on the email accout it shows all of the server info, security settings, etc. *you cannot edit most of them but you can see them. I'll try the delete and re-enter in my ipad and see if that works then let you know one way or the other. I do appreaciate your help.

Expert

Can you clarify------are you using a desktop client on the computer like Outlook or Thunderbird?  That's the only way you could be looking at something like the name of the incoming server.  If you were using only the webmail UI the server name would be irrelvant. But yes, in this instance I would delete the account from the iPad and re-create it from scratch, and see if that sorts it out for you.

New Poster

Thank you for your help! I am just using the comcast.net / xfinity.net email client on the computer. It's settings say the the incoming server is "imap.email.comcast.net"  I wonder if my problem is on the ipad. I simply changed the old incoming server info on that to this same address. My comcast email used to be Pop3, I think. Might I need to delete the old one entirely from the ipad first and start over? It is downloading the mail, but not syncing across the devices.

Expert

What email client are you using on the computer----Outlook, Thunderbird or some other?  Is the account set up in the client using IMAP or POP3?  If both devices are using IMAP then they should be synced.

New Poster

Deleteing emails from all devices at once.

I have an IMAP email account and want to delete comcast emails from my ipad and have them also be deleted from my Windows-based computer. I found the advanced setting in my ipad email app that says "Delete from Server" and I set it to "When removed from Inbox" but I still seem to get an email on my computer after deleting it on the ipad. Can anyone advise? Thank you.