Community Forum

Daily restarting...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Daily restarting...

We have had on going issues with our WiFi for weeks now. We are having to restart the router at least daily. Streaming services constantly hang, and online games disconnect. I’ve talked with Comcast support several times and all they ever seem to do is say, we found poor signal levels and have corrected them and then restart the modem. Of course, the problem goes away for a day or so and then. Ones right back. Help!!! If there was a decent alternative for broadband we’d switch, but we feel trapped.
Expert

Re: Daily restarting...

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am having the same issues:  Here  is the data from my router.  Having to power cycle my router daily, hardwired components having the same issue, so its not exclusive to wireless.  All started when I returned my Xfinity leased modem and replaced with Arris Surfboard sbg6580-2 which is supposedly compatible...

router.png

Expert

Your pic is broken.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!