Community Forum

Daily Intermittent Connection Issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Daily Intermittent Connection Issues

Hi @weirfan!

Sorry for the delay. I'm following up for Ken and have just replied to your private message. Feel free to reach out if you are still having issues. 

Regular Visitor

Hi @nerdberg,

I reached out to @ComcastKenF via PM on 7/8 but it looks like he's been MIA since 7/7. Any chance you could recruit another employee to look into my issue?

Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Thanks so much @nerdberg for contacting the employee for me! I have PM'd them my info so hopefully they'll be able to help.
Highlighted
Official Employee

weirfan, let's take a look at those drops. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Expert

Hi @weirfan

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Daily Intermittent Connection Issues

For the past 5-6 weeks I have been experiencing intermittent connection drops multiple time per day. Sometimes multiple times per hour. Sometimes it stays connected for hours and then goes back to dropping every 5 minutes. The majority of the issues seem to happen during morning and evening peak times. Usually after midnight the problem is less likely to be seen.

I had a tech out a couple of weeks ago and he tested all of the lines from the road and found them to be fine. He did replace some old coax connectors and grounding block, but that was just to keep things up to date. While checking the signal at the box out at the road he found a possible issue. He said there were ‘spikes on the MER’ and he called in a line check. The job number for that was JB22567114. I never saw any improvement so I’m guessing the intermittent problem was not happening at the time they inspected the line and they labeled it a ‘no problem found.’

I am reluctant to start over with another customer service call as I know this will just result in them sending another tech out to start all over again. To be honest if I take time off from work to have another tech come out it will be to have a competitor service installed.

When the problem occurs, I can see T3 or T4 timeouts in the modem log. This seems like an issue upstream and I am hoping that someone knowledgeable can look at the 30 day logs from my modem and correlate an issue with logs from the upstream equipment to figure out what’s going on.

I can supply the modem logs via PM

Thanks,

Dave