Community Forum

DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

I would like to set up a DHCP Server and define a range for certain devices that I intend to connect remotely.

Also, I would like to assign a static IP to certain devices (is "Assign IP" the same as "Reserve IP" in the Comcast-router speak, because there is nothing that says "Assign IP" within the Comcast router's configuration page).

Using the older router that I have (not from Comcast), there used to be a configuration page that says "DHCP Server" in which I could set a range of IP with start and end address.

With the older router (again, it was not from Comcast), there were pages/tabs that were "DHCP List and Binding" and "Mac-Binding" where I could assign IP to the device and binding MAC addresses.

Does anyone know what these pages correspond to the ones in the Comcast modem/router?

I looked around within the configuration page for serveral hours; I could not see any pages that corresponded to the ones I mentioned above. 

Contributor

Re: DHCP Server, DHCP List and Binding, Mac-Binding and Assigning Static IP to Device

"Reserve IP" in the gateway is them same as assigning IPs to be static.

There is a page in the gateway settings that allow you to set the IP range, I can't remember what the link was on the left side there.  It's been about a month since I last checked.