Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DATES rather than days of the week mail is received

Regular Visitor

DATES rather than days of the week mail is received

Whose idea was it to use names of the days rather than names of the month and numerical date re email received?

This is rediculous!  You want to check the date you received information, financial info from Schwab etc., and all you see is a series of Mondays, Wednesdays etc.?!  Thank you.

Expert

Re: DATES rather than days of the week mail is received

The day names only go back one week.  Then they revert to the date format.  But if you run a search for something with yesterday's date on it you should be able to pull it up.

Regular Visitor

Thank you!   I'm sort of embarrassed.  Has it always been this way or have the dates (beginning on the eighth day) always been there?  Obviously I didn't go back far enough.  So sorry.

On the other hand, people think of information, online bill notices etc. in terms of dates.  I don't think the names of the days serves any purpose.  A "cutsy" idea to make a new website different?

Thanks again.

Regular Visitor

Just wanted to add that I just got this website about ten days ago.  (The previous one was fine and had the same features.)

Expert

doggie3s wrote:

Thank you!   I'm sort of embarrassed.  Has it always been this way or have the dates (beginning on the eighth day) always been there?  Obviously I didn't go back far enough.  So sorry.

On the other hand, people think of information, online bill notices etc. in terms of dates.  I don't think the names of the days serves any purpose.  A "cutsy" idea to make a new website different?

Thanks again.

It's kind of Comcast keeping up with the Joneses.  The day-of-the-week thing started with the new Appsuite software.  The older Zimbra version didn't have it.  But they are not unique in this regard;  iCloud, Outlook.com and others do it now too.