Community Forum

Current PC user buying laptop...internet options???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Current PC user buying laptop...internet options???

I am a current Comcast customer with a desk top PC. I am in the market for an additional laptop or tablet. I want to be able to use both computers at home but I dont want to have to pay a lot of extra money to service both. Unfortumately I do not have a WiFi hot spot near my house. Can I buy a wireless router and use my current internet service for free???

Problem Solver

Re: Current PC user buying laptop...internet options???

edit

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast does not charge you extra for connecting a wireless router to your modem.  Just a suggestion, if you do purchase a router, make sure you secure it.  The directions are at the top of this Forum.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Silver Problem Solver

@S16 wrote:

I am a current Comcast customer with a desk top PC. I am in the market for an additional laptop or tablet. I want to be able to use both computers at home but I dont want to have to pay a lot of extra money to service both. Unfortumately I do not have a WiFi hot spot near my house. Can I buy a wireless router and use my current internet service for free???

Yes you can buy a Wireless router and connect the WAN Jack to your modem.

Then connect your Desktop to one of the four LAN jacks.

Browse in to the router and set up the wireless encrypption per the Stickies at the top of the Home Networking forum and you have free wifi within your home.