Community Forum

Constant problems with DPC3941T in Bridge mode and Netgear Nighthawk R7500

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Constant problems with DPC3941T in Bridge mode and Netgear Nighthawk R7500

I recently was contacted by Comcast to replace my existing modem and to replace it with the Cisco DPC3941T. As I have an existing network using router (Netgear Nighthawk  R7500) I worked with the customer service group to set up the modem in Bridge mode. I have experienced nothing positive since this change. I have had to reboot the router almost every other day because the 5G network disappears. I have periods where the modem indicates it is working and the router shows both the 2.4 and 5G, but there is no response on the browser and a message of no internet connectivity. A few minutes later it works fine. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Expert

Re: Constant problems with DPC3941T in Bridge mode and Netgear Nighthawk R7500

Put the 3941 in to bridge mode so that it acts only as a straight cable modem (with phone support) and use your Netgear for your home networking / WiFi needs. Here's how;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!