Community Forum

Constant Guard does not recognize Daylight Savings Time

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Constant Guard does not recognize Daylight Savings Time

Constant Guard does not recognize Daylight Savings Time. It is constantly telling me my computer clock is wrong and then I can't use the login information. I am not going to set my clock an hour back so that Constant Guard will work. Can something be done?

Problem Solver

Re: Constant Guard does not recognize Daylight Savings Time

Liebetravel - the message is relayed via the Microsoft Security Certificate. You are seeing the message because your system clock is more than a few minutes out of synchronization for internet time for the location you are currently in. Your system clock is wrong for your location. Period. The clock is stored in your parameter ram, and so in some cases, if the clock battery is malfunctioning, the clock will drift enough. We also see it if someone has NOT run the Microsoft DST patch (daylight savings time), but this is rare. My recommendation to you is to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS), if it is already installed and to then reset your clock and synchronize to an internet time source, then reinstall CGPS.

1. Go to your Programs/Features control panel and find CG in the list of installed products. If it is there, click to highlight it, click to Uninstall, and RESTART your computer.

2. Right click on the system clock and set the clock for the current time in your current location - date, time, time zone - even if it looks correct - reset it anyway.

3. Click on the Internet Time option and choose a time source, such as a .gov site to link your clock to. - NOTE: if Internet Time is not an option, then your system clock is not in effect, and your system is using an external clock - probably on a network - and THAT clock is wrong.

4. Reinstall CGPS - go to www.comcast.net/security and install the Constant Guard Protection Suite.

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue for you, and it's not all that rare - system clocks do drift, and it doesn't take much of a time difference before the Microsoft Security Certificate can't be created, OR won't open. We will only display the clock message if your system clock is not in synchronization with the Microsoft clocks for your location, and so we see it most for customers who are traveling between time zones - not with DST.

New Poster

The problem was the patch. I live in a state where DST comes earlier to save energy. My clock was not off.

Problem Solver

Good. I'm glad that you got it working. I'm just so used to seeing ith customers who are traveling, that I just assume it's a time zone issue.