Community Forum

Connectivity issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Connectivity issues

I live in a condo and have been having problems for the last 5 years. Ive finally gotten to the point where i cant take it anymore. Ive had comcast here several times. Ive explained i have consistent errors in the modem, ive replaced the modem 3x and still have the same issues,. they never look at my modem logs and they blame the wiring in my apartment. The wiring is all new. Ive gone so far as to hook my modem up in the hallway were the main line into the condo comes and have the same issue.

below are the errors ive been getting for years with every modem ive tried. The log is 7 pages of this but you can get the picture. I cannot ghet over how incompetent comcast support is. 

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED 

Mon Aug 13 18:01:36 2018

Critical (3)

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=04:4e:5a:f6:19:05;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:a9:c8:4c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Time Not Established

Critical (3)

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out 

Time Not Established

Critical (3)

Time Not Established

Critical (3)

Sat Aug 11 09:58:20 2018

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=04:4e:5a:f6:19:05;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:a9:c8:4c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Time Not Established

Critical (3)

Fri Aug 10 06:56:54 2018

Critical (3)

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=04:4e:5a:f6:19:05;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:a9:c8:4c;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Expert

Re: Connectivity issues

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Connectivity issues

Thank you for your response.

Comcast is not having any problems at the moment locally. This is a problem that has been going on for years. 

my equipment is a Arris SBG6700-AC DOCSIS 3.0

Below are my signals

Screenshot 2018-08-14 19.38.56.png