Community Forum

Connection dropping randomly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Connection dropping randomly

My internet is continually dropping every now and then randomly for a few minutes. A modem reset will keep it going for maybe 30 or so but it will drop again for a few minutes and come back on it's own. Have not contacted Comcast yet since I wasn't ready to sit on hold trying to explain what's happening.  I've done the modem signal refresh from automated system. This just started happening maybe within the last two weeks. When this happens my lights on the device don't do anything noticeable different than when they are working. And as you can see on my mobile phone screenshot the WiFi is connected but no internet. (Exclamation point). 

Here are my logs. 

Netgear Gateway C6900. Firmware V1.01.21

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Connection dropping randomly

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts. If you are using Wifi it's best to switch to an Ethernet cable connection if possible while measuring speed and checking the reliability of your connection to Comcast.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the Internet Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

Re: Connection dropping randomly

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.