Community Forum

Connection Constantly Drops, T3 Timeouts, 3 Techs say "outside home issue"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Connection Constantly Drops, T3 Timeouts, 3 Techs say "outside home issue"

I am at wits end with Comcast, I have had constant internet drop-outs (dozens per day) for months now.  I had a similar issue over a year ago and the problem was described to me as a problem with the 'neighborhood amplifier' a crew was dispatched the next day and the problem was fixed for a few months at least.   I have experienced intermittent drop outs now for at least two months.  I went through the entire rigamorole with comcast resetting and rebooting everything and making sure my connections are tight, I informed them that aside from the t3 timeout issues I could see that my Signal to Noise Ratio was often falling out of spec of the modem.   The first tech came out and simply direct connected the coaxial cable to the line that feeds the modem (removed it from a splitter), that helped bring the SNR levels into spec a little more consistently but it did not solve my drop out issue.  He stated there was a problem at the poles and I was experiencing "RF pull out", he claimed to schedule a technician to come out to the pole.  No outside technician ever showed up to my knowledge.  I called a second time to fix the issue and after wasting another half hour on the phone a second in-home technician was sent despite the fact that I informed them the issue was confirmed to be outside my house.  This second technician also claimed to open a ticket for another 'outside technician', again no technician ever showed up to my knowledge and the problem was not resolved.  Fast forward a few days and I am left a voicemail (Thursday) to call the 'advanced support team' back if my internet issue has not been resolved, I am on travel for the weekend, I call Tuesday and cannot connect them because my ticket has been closed.  I call AGAIN to support and I am told I will be receiving a call from the local comcast technical lead person (I cannot remember his title) and that an outside tech will come same day.  For the remainder of the day I waited at home for the tech, no one ever came and I never received a call.  I dont know what to do anymore can Comcast do something about this?

Expert

Re: Connection Constantly Drops, T3 Timeouts, 3 Techs say "outside home issue"

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hello smits003. I can assist with reviewing your diagnostics, and technician visit history, so we can get this issue resolved for you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

Private message sent

New Poster

As suspected after a 4th tech visit (with a supervisor), a problem was found at the pole.  Squirrels had chewed into the line coming off the pole at the street, the cable coming into the house was replaced and the issue was resolved.    

Expert

Thanks for the update! Darn squirrels!  ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

I am not an employee.