Community Forum

Conflicting information from Comcast about IPv6 availability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Conflicting information from Comcast about IPv6 availability

Thanks John,

It works! Last time I tried rebooting the modem it didn't get an IPv6 address, but yesterday (Jan 6, 2015) it did.

All is working as expected now. Happy 2015.

Tags (1)
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello,

I run the IPv6 program for Comcast.  I can tell you that we launched full IPv6 suppot for the SMC D3G CCR.  If you are in router mode your router will be assigned a /128 IPv6 address and a /56 delegated prefix by default.  The best way to verify is to do the following:

* Reboot your SMC

* Connected an IPv6 enabled computer to the SMC

* Visit http://test-ipv6.comcast.net

An IPv6 should appear on the page, if not then feel free to contact me offline.

John

Frequent Visitor

Conflicting information from Comcast about IPv6 availability

I've been trying to figure out how, or when I can get IPv6 on my business Internet account. This is important to me because I am in the software/website hosting business and my clients are starting to see native IPv6 connections on their devices.

My modem is the SMC D3G-CCR which appears to be capable of IPv6. Several forum messages say that IPv6 should be available to me, but my modem does not have/get an IPv6 address.

Also, this official Comcast resource hasn't been working in about six months: http://www.comcast6.net/index.php/8-ipv6-trial-news-and-information/108-want-to-know-if-comcast-ipv6...

How do I get IPv6,if it's really available here and, if not, where can I get up-to-date information?