Community Forum

Confirming this Router/Modem combo will work with Xfinity in Nashville

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Confirming this Router/Modem combo will work with Xfinity in Nashville

On Amazon they say that this Modem/Router combo will work with Comcast/Xfinity but when I called Xfinity the support person wasn't sure and just read off a modem model only and didn't know about this one:

Motorola 16x4 High-Speed Cable Gateway with WiFi, 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 modem + AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, Certified by Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, More, MG7540

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSTB5KW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ICXPKCOL0MBLP&colid=2H90VI3DGYL5W

So I wanted to confirm before I ordered it.  I only use Xfinity for their internet service and do not use their phone service.  I live in Nashville if that matters.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Confirming this Router/Modem combo will work with Xfinity in Nashville

Nashfinity wrote:

On Amazon they say that this Modem/Router combo will work with Comcast/Xfinity but when I called Xfinity the support person wasn't sure and just read off a modem model only and didn't know about this one:

Motorola 16x4 High-Speed Cable Gateway with WiFi, 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 modem + AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, Certified by Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, More, MG7540

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSTB5KW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ICXPKCOL0MBLP&colid=2H90VI3DGYL5W

So I wanted to confirm before I ordered it.  I only use Xfinity for their internet service and do not use their phone service.  I live in Nashville if that matters.  Thanks.

Yes, it is. If you go back to the link, one of the pictures shows the box with Xfinity approved on it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks.  I did see that logo, but after the phone call with the Xfinity rep I was confused to if it would work and wasn't sure if it was a local problem or not.

Gold Problem Solver

Regular Contributor

Hello Nashfinity,

You should be all set with that combo. As BruceW posted you can confirm here to ensure you modem is qualified. Please let us know if you need help once you have your new equipment.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon