Community Forum

Computer no longer retains ID and password

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Computer no longer retains ID and password

The "Remember Password" thingy is a function of your browser, not the Comcast email program per se.  When you check that little box Comcast places a cookie in your browser's memory to retain that information.  But sometimes cookies and other small files in the browser cache/history get corrupted and cause problems like this.  So try clearing out your cache/browsing history and re-start the browser.  Then see if you can try again to save the password.  Alternately, you could go in and just remove any Comcast cookies and then re-start the browser.

Also, this thread is nearly 8 years old, and I'm closing it.  If you have further questions feel free to start your own thread.

Regular Visitor

The forum seems to say - Comcast no longer retaining userid & password, even though a check box is supplied to do exactly that, seems like a bug in the code.  Please fix the bug, or tell us Comcast has changed how things now work.  Maybe even remove the check box.  By the way, another computer in the same house does remember the userid & password.  Irritating!!! 

Regular Visitor

This is one of the most annoying features of the so called "new and improved" comcast!  I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO LOG IN EVERYTIME I ACCESS MY EMAIL!  The designer of this is, in my opinion, TOTALLY INCOMPETENT! 

It also seems to retain the screens every time I open a new one....something that never happened before, but that is a different subject and I will try to find a blog that covers it!
Most Valued Poster

This is Comcast's idea of "security."

You have two options:

First, you can create a desktop icon, Favorites entry, or Bookmark that contains the following command:

https://webauth.comcast.net/auth/login?passurl=http://mailcenter.comcast.net&user=USERNAME&passwd=PASSWORD

Replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your actual Comcast username and password. The icon will then take you directly into webmail.

The second option is to use an email client program like Outlook Express, which will remember your password. Outlook Express is fully supported by Comcast, it's already on your PC, and it has far more capabilities than webmail.
New Poster

Computer no longer retains ID and password

After Comcast went through the phase of changing the appearance of the home page several weeks ago and then reverted to original design, I lost the ability to quickly sign into my email account. I have clicked on the "save information using this computer" many times, but I always have to type in my full ID and then type my password. Is this a limitation I have to live with, or is it going to be corrected and function like it use to?