Community Forum

Comcast server issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Comcast server issues

General question:I have been having surfing issues-slow response times, time-outs, etc- for some time now.  Usually starts about 15;00-16:00 weekdays or sometimes at other  high usage times-kids out of school, etc.  Technicians, etc say 'Can't see anything wrong on Comcast network'.  Was wondering if it could be a server issue-perhaps plenty of upload capacity but not enough to handle replies incoming to Comcast from other sites?    Sometimes unable to even run Pings due to lack of response from server.  Am being told by technicians that pings, etc to sites outside the Comcast are discounted as not valid as beyond Comcast's control but hard to believe that numerous different sites could all have so much traffic at roughly the same time week days as to effectively cripple my ability to surf.  Also being told line is  fine-node switched, etc.  Have had numerous replacements of modems, wireless routers, co-ax connectors, line drop (2x), etc.  Same happens with another computer on a VPN; with or without a wireless router involved on 4 different computers.  

Comcast personnel have also told me at various times : 'It's ingress.', 'you have a Trojan/virus'-for 6 months?, 'could be the wind' (loved that one).  Any ideas greatly appreciatedTIA