Community Forum

Comcast email with Outlook 365

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast email with Outlook 365

Is it possible to use my comcast email account with Outlook 365?  In the Add Email Address page I select Other Account.  I select IMAP (the only other option is ActiveSync) and I enter my comcast credentials.  I get an immediate error telling me it was "Unable to Connect". 

Do I have to get the Installed version of Office (i.e. Outlook)?

New Poster

Re: Comcast email with Outlook 365

Same probelm with outlook web app.  Comcast has an option to import mail, but not export. Username and password are verified correct.  Outlook says that comcast dose not support IMAP.  Cannot find info for incoming and outgoing mail servers on comcast.  Could someone at least post the servers please?

Thank you

Expert

seanchoq wrote:

Same probelm with outlook web app.  Comcast has an option to import mail, but not export. Username and password are verified correct.  Outlook says that comcast dose not support IMAP.  Cannot find info for incoming and outgoing mail servers on comcast.  Could someone at least post the servers please?

Thank you

IMAP is in beta testing.  If you'd like to join, please follow the link below.

https://xcsignup.comcast.net/onboardingapps/imap

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Incoming server is Mail.comcast.net
Outgoing server is SMTP.comcast.net

If you switch to using IMAP, once your registration is confirmed, your settings would be:
Incoming server: IMAP.comcast.net
Outgoing: SMTP.comcast net
INCOMING Port is 993 with SSL ON
Outgoing port is 465 with SSL ON

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Thank goodness for that last user reply.  If not, I would not have been able to repair my account settings inside the Outlook 365 email client.

But.....what was meant by "once your registration is confirmed"?

One of my Comcast accounts shows Account Type as IMAP (and that is dimmed and can't be changed), and another shows as being POP (and is dimmed).  The email on that latter one is sending & receiving, but all the port settings are old.

I'd like to get it switched over to the new settings, but how do I get the registration confirmed?

Thanks, and sorry if I'm a bit lost.  Not a computer expert but I understand most stuff after asking some dumb questions.

New Poster

I was trying to figure this out as well...If you search this under IMAP, it will walk will show you how to register.