Community Forum

Comcast/Xfinity needs to run a sweep

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity needs to run a sweep

I was curious as to some information. I made my calls and emails. Got a tech guy coming tomorrow. They will be doing a sweep or whatever and access into my apartment. Question is do they need access to every corner of my apartment? Even if I cannot allow them into a certain part due to roommates? The connection/cable is in the living room and we only have the one port running from outside to the inside. I assume they only need access to that and that alone and outside as well. Which I do not own the yard so they will be needing permission from the landlord as well. 

Official Employee

Re: Comcast/Xfinity needs to run a sweep

Hello Instantice. You are correct. The technicians should only need to access the cable line coming into your place, and to the connection with the active outlet in your living room. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!