Community Forum

Comcast Routers finding Revo Security Cameras

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast Routers finding Revo Security Cameras

Through a death in the family and a vacation home, I have 3 residents I'm trying to maintain; not an easy task.  I have a 4 camera direct wired security camera system - a Revo DVR/NVR - in my main residence.  I can access these cameras from virturally anywhere via computer or my Samsung 8 smart phone from inside the main residence or elsewhere.  However, the other 2 homes each have desktop computers and each have Comcast routers connected to the Comcast network.  Within the confines of these 2 homes and logged into each of the 2 wireless systems, I can not access the remote Revo system on either the smartphone or the desktop computers.  If I walk 300-400 feet away and am on WiFi, the smartphone works fine.  I've recently had a computer tech I trust in my vacation home spend 30 minutes trying to figure out the problem.  He states the Comcast system has a block of some kind preventing the signals (probably the wrong word) from communicating.  I'm not into the computer jargen so am trying to be as basic as I can in explaining this.  I'm hoping I can get an answer from this format before venturing into a Comcast store where I'll probably get blank stares.  Has anyone dealt with this issue before?