Community Forum

Comcast Malware Detection Service Customer Trial

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Comcast Malware Detection Service Customer Trial

The CMDS, or Comcast Malware Detection Service, is designed to assist customers in identifying and remediating malicious software within their home network.

This is a challenging problem for our customers as our first mode of detection is not able to tell you which computer or device behind your modem is infected – simply that something is. 

Because of this, we've developed CMDS to be a lightweight host based solution to help you determine which device is infected and get insight into what the device is doing beyond just DNS requests.

If you've received a bot notification, are using Microsoft Windows, and would like to participate in this trial please send me a PM, and I'll get you signed up.

Thanks!

--
Adam
Comcast National Engineering // Customer Protection Team
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Malware Detection Service Customer Trial

Yes, I would like to receive the trial of the Comcast Malware Detection Service at <redacted>. Thanks. Susan

@cc_adame wrote:

The CMDS, or Comcast Malware Detection Service, is designed to assist customers in identifying and remediating malicious software within their home network.

This is a challenging problem for our customers as our first mode of detection is not able to tell you which computer or device behind your modem is infected – simply that something is. 

Because of this, we've developed CMDS to be a lightweight host based solution to help you determine which device is infected and get insight into what the device is doing beyond just DNS requests.

If you've received a bot notification, are using Microsoft Windows, and would like to participate in this trial please send me a PM, and I'll get you signed up.

Thanks!

New Poster

Yes, please register me for this to remove bot malware

Frequent Visitor

If possible, I would like to participate in the malware trial please

Problem Solver

Sending you both PMs with more information. Thanks!

--
Adam
New Poster

Please PM me with comcast Malware.

--andrew

New Poster

Correction:  please PM with information about any malware solutions that you may have to offer.

My comcast internet account has been corrupted and several people in my contacts are receiving corrupted emails from me.

--andrew

Problem Solver

Thanks, Andrew. PM sent.

--
Adam
Problem Solver

Andrew Look in your sent box to see if the emails that they are receiving fron you are there and then change your password..

Problem Solver

We're still looking for users to give this service a spin. If you're think you might be infected, and are using Windows at home, let me know and I'll get you set up.

Thanks!

--
Adam