Community Forum

Comcast Boot File

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Comcast Boot File

I upgraded from 150 Mbps today to the 1 Gig connection. However, My speeds have lowered. I spoke with someone after making the change and he advised that he thought the wrong boot file may have been loaded. He also mentioned that he didn't have the ability to change that. He said I would need to check with the billing department. I cannot reach the billing department since they are closed. Can someone from this thread help me with the boot file?

Expert

Re: Comcast Boot File

What is the exact make and model number of your modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I've already confirmed with comcast that I need to upgrade to 3.1. It is not a compatible modem but the guy I spoke with also mentioned the current modem should be getting better speeds until I switch the modem out. I went from 120 download speeds to 70 download and my upload went from 20 to 6. He said the modem needs to be switched but the boot file changed as well.

New Poster

I have XB3 he said I need XB6

Expert

Yes. You need a DOCSIS 3.1 capable device. If a DOCSIS 3.0 device is used with the Gigabit speed tier, it will default to using a Performance tier 25/5 config file.

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

After I switch to the DOCSIS 3.1 do I need to have a new boot file loaded? Do I need to call? Or should it be plug and go with 1 gig speeds?

Expert

If your account is indeed provisioned correctly, it should load in after you get the device activated for service. To be sure, I would call in. Good luck !

Official Employee

RyanGee1988 -- as EG said, it all should flow through with no problems. If you do have an issue, hit us back and we can help. Thank you