Community Forum

Changing user email name

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Changing user email name

jackpvan wrote:

I have 3 user names that are no longer used. How do I delete them? (None of the 3 are my primary user name. I do not want to change that one).

Sign into your primary account,  then at the top of the page click on "My Account".  It will ask you to sign in again.  Do so, and on the next page that comes up click on "Users and Preferences".  That should take you to a page with tabs for all of the accounts.  Open each one you want to get rid of and you will see the option to Suspend or Delete the account.  Follow the prompts.

Regular Visitor

I have 3 user names that are no longer used. How do I delete them? (None of the 3 are my primary user name. I do not want to change that one).

New Poster

I thought as much. Thank you for the reply.

Expert

Yes, when you change the address you will have to notify all your contacts.  I suggest you export your Comcast address book to your desktop as a .csv file before you make the change, so you can re-import it afterward.  Existing emails in your Inbox or other folders should not be affected by the change.

Sign into the account you want to change, then My Account at the top of the page, then on the next page "Users and Preferences".   You will see "Change user name" as the first option. Click on that and the rest is easy.

Caution: Once you change the user name, you can't go back to the old one. Changing the user name will also change the user ID in the email address for that account. If anyone tries to send you an email at the old address they'll get a bounce as undeliverable. 

New Poster

Changing user email name

I would like to change my user name to something different...and NOT add another account. What happens to all the emails I receive under the old user name? Does the system automatically know that the those emails should now be assigned to the new user....or do they go off into cyberspace and I will have to write to all the contacts and companies and let them know my new user name?