Community Forum

Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in att.net

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in

andyross wrote:

I have also heard that Comcast no longer terminates your email when you leave Comcast. As long as you access it at least once every 6 months, it will remain active.

That is correct, but it's once every 9 months as long as you had signed into it 90 days or less before terminating service.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in

You don't even need to give up your att.net address if you don't want to. AT&T's mail is actually handled by Yahoo. I have an att.net address that dates to 2000 or so, when I had dial-up service with them!! That said, you should still create a Comcast address for proper access to some Comcast features, but you can probably continue using your AT&T address as the default.

I have also heard that Comcast no longer terminates your email when you leave Comcast. As long as you access it at least once every 6 months, it will remain active.

Expert

Cg15 wrote:

Just changed to Comcast Internet. Do I need to change my mail account name being it ends in att? 

Unless AT&T allows you keep your email address, yes you would need to change to @comcast.net.  Besides your Primary email address you can have up to 6 secondary email addresses.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
New Poster

Changing to Comcast Internet from AT&T do I have to change my mail account user name ends in att.net

Just changed to Comcast Internet. Do I need to change my mail account name being it ends in att?