Community Forum

Changing name attached to e-mail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Changing name attached to e-mail

That was ridicuoously simple...and impossible for me to find on the company site

thank you

somehow I misspelled my name by a keystroke setting up the account, i wanted my emails to reflect that I knew how to spell my own name....

Thank you again, I will know to come here first next time

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That worked perfectly!!!  Thank you so much!!!

Expert

If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Mail>>>>>>Composing.  The first item at the top is where you can change the outgoing name.  If you are on the new format, open a Compose page.  At the end of the From: field click on the down arrow, then on "Edit names".

Frequent Visitor

Changing name attached to e-mail

This is a small issue but it's driving me nuts.  The XFINITY account is in my husband's name.  So, my e-mail address - which is unique to me - reads like this: From: JOHN DOE [mailto: janedoemail@comcast.net]

This results in me often getting e-mails which read: Dear John - even from friends.  How can I change the text to read Jane Doe instead of John?