Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Carfax website blocked by comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Carfax website blocked by comcast

I have been trying to access carfax.com and get the message " blocked by adminstrator".  I have gone thru the access points changing firewall settings. I have even tried accessing carfax from my phone connected to the wifi on xfinity and get the same message.  I can connect to carfax with my phone when I turn off wifi and use the 4g network.  Whats up with comcast blocking carfax?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Carfax website blocked by comcast

No issues here. Running Firefox on Windows 10.

carfax.jpg

Expert

HowiesPlace wrote:

I have been trying to access carfax.com and get the message " blocked by adminstrator".  I have gone thru the access points changing firewall settings. I have even tried accessing carfax from my phone connected to the wifi on xfinity and get the same message.  I can connect to carfax with my phone when I turn off wifi and use the 4g network.  Whats up with comcast blocking carfax?

What administrator?  Are you on a work system or something?  I tried it and it works OK for me too.  If it's from Comcast, you can try calling security, as they deal with blocking issues-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329 

Silver Problem Solver

To add, is this just the standard https://www.carfax.com/ site, or were you trying to link to something else, like a login page on the site? That message could be coming from the web site itself and not local if something is messed up. It could even have been a DNS server glitch pointing at the wrong address for awhile.