Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cannot receive AARP Newsletter e-mails?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Cannot receive AARP Newsletter e-mails?

As stated ABOVE this problem occurrs with aarp newsletter e-mails as when i click on the page in xfinity connect  i get a blank page.(aarp says to clear cache  and history,but no solve the problem) Other e-mails from AARP  received with no problem.  I have html reading preference checked and it is not being blocked.  So what is the problem? Thanks!!

Expert

Re: Cannot receive AARP Newsletter e-mails?

As a check, try using a different browser.  I get AARP emails without any issues.

Regular Contributor

instead of going to a new browser like chrome i will stick with ie11, as i found if i forwARD THE unopenable e-mail  in my wifes mailbox to my e-mail client windows live mail 2012  and then forward it back to my wifes acct that the message will now open up. Thanks for your tip though as it might have worked,but i do not want to change any of my computers settings etc as my computer(& software) is running smoothly.

Expert

You don't have to give up IE-11 yet.  But as a check, a test, try it with another browser just to see if it makes a difference.  It sounds like you are having to jump through some hoops to get it to work in your present set-up.  I'm sure you know, but I need to say that IE-11 is becoming slowly outdated, and at some point will no longer be supported by Microsoft.  If you are in Windows 10, try with Edge.

Regular Contributor

As suggested i did switch my browser to Chrome  and yes this enabled me to open the daILY newsletter from aarp in xfinity e-mail. Their is absolutely no way that this can be corrected in ie11!? Thanks!!

Expert

You could try enabling Compatibility view in IE-11.  It's under your Tools menu.  I can't think of anything else for IE.