Community Forum

Cannot access stedi.org

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cannot access stedi.org

Good to hear. As I suspected, it looks like your previously Comcast assigned public  / WAN IP address was being blocked by the site for some reason. When you spoofed a different MAC address, it forced their DHCP server to assign a different Public IP addy to your connection.

New Poster

I was able to fix this by cloning my PC's MAC address in the router configuration. https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing
Diamond Problem Solver

@otisjinks wrote:
The site stedi.org works fine through my AT&T phone. But I cannot access it via the XFINITY networjk.

I can reach the site fine from my end here in Northern N.J. Perhaps the results of a trace route to the site may reveal a clue ? Please post the output.

New Poster

Correct.. We tried 2 laptops, IPAD, and 2 phones. The phones only work when we drop the WIFI connection and use 4G
Highlighted
Expert

Nothing works?

PC, tablet, not even your AT&T phone when on WiFi? 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.
New Poster

Cannot access stedi.org

The site stedi.org works fine through my AT&T phone. But I cannot access it via the XFINITY networjk.