Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cannot access emails in custom subfolders

Regular Visitor

Cannot access emails in custom subfolders

In the old email format, I had created custom folders in addition to the “Inbox” folder (for example a “Saved” folder). In the “Saved” folder, I created subfolders (for example “Confirmations & Receipts”).  After initially accessing the new email format today, I was able to move all of my custom folders to the new “My Folders” area.  I can access the “Saved” folder and open its emails.  I can see the subfolders within “Saved,” such as “Confirmations & Receipts,” and its list of emails; however, I cannot do anything with the emails in “Confirmations & Receipts” (cannot open, move, delete, etc.).  In addition, as soon as I click on one of the subfolders within a custom folder (such as “Confirmations & Receipts), it locks up Internet Explorer and I have to perform an “end task” on Internet Explorer, and then reopen it.  (See attached screen shot.)

Screen Shot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Cannot access emails in custom subfolders

As a test, try using a different browser and see if you can then access those folders.

All Replies
Expert

As a test, try using a different browser and see if you can then access those folders.

Regular Visitor

I tried Google Chrome and I was able to access the subfolders - thank you!  But here's the weird thing...before I tried that, I realized that the only subfolders I couldn't access had ampersands (&) in the folder names.  Through Google Chrome, I renamed the folders to remove the ampersands.  I then reaccessed my email through Internet Explorer and am now able to access those subfolders without any problems.  Hope this helps others - thanks again!