Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Cannot Connect to Xbox Live - ICMP Error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Last night I was able to connect to Xbox L'ive without any sort of issue but this morning when I tried it failed and gave me an ICMP Error saying "Your console is not receiving ICMP responses properly from your router or modem."

I have tried all of the standard steps with reseting my router settings, Xbox settings, and so on.  I called Comcast support and they said it was an Xbox issue but when I called Microsoft they said they have been getting a lot of Comcast calls this morning and it is Comcast's network.  I then called back Comcast and they said they have zero network issues and they kind of shut me down after that in terms of support.

New Poster

Re: Cannot Connect to Xbox Live - ICMP Error

I am having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor

been dealing with it all day here in New England ..  first live connections test were fialing now getitng a MTU error .. MS also said a lot of calls from comcast users .. 

New Poster

I have found on the Xbox forums:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/t/1617554.aspx

That apparently a lot of Comcast customers cannot connect to Xbox Live.  If this is true this is very frustrating and disgusting for Comcast Customer Support to have basically lied to me whenever I called.  I specifically asked them about this issue and they told me there has not been a single report and that everything on their end is fine.

New Poster

I am unable to log into 4 of my max lvl toons on wow. I can log in to my 5th max lvl toon and create new toons and play just fine. I called Blizzard and they said this is happening in washington and its a comcast issue. This started for me about 3-5pm last night and is a ongoing issue. about to call comcast now.

So FYI you are not alone in this issue.

Frequent Visitor

I just got off the phone with Xbox support and the tech told me it's an issue with an update that Comcast was trying to roll out. Microsoft and Comcast are working together to get the issue resolved. We just have to be patient.

Expert

FWIW, there is another thread about current X-box issues here;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Comcast-and-Xbox-Live-11-9-2013/m-p/191...

Check the link in message number 6.

Don't know for certain if they are related.

Expert

New Poster

Comcast said it was a problem that they have been receiving allot of calls about.  I'm in Michigan where it's been out since this morning and I'm tired of trying to connect. I was told when I called comcast that they would call and inform me when the problem was resolved. I'm not holding my breath. I'm losing double xp on cod ghosts because they don't test their updates before they run it. Hurry up and wait some more.

Valued Contributor

I was able to connect last night;  how is everyone else?

Expert
Moved: