Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot Connect (authentication error) to Comcast Email on Samsung S6 Phone

New Poster

Cannot Connect (authentication error) to Comcast Email on Samsung S6 Phone

My phone prompted me for a new password saying the server password had changed when checking my Comcast email (which has been on my phone for almost 2 years).  The password has not changed.  I entered the current/correct password and the account failed to authenticate.  I have checked all of the email configurations - they are correct in accordance with Comcast recommendations.  However, I continued to be prompted for a password and then it fails to authenticate.  My password works on other devices and via internet.  My other non-comcast emails work fine on my phone and do other internet accessing apps.  In a last ditch effort, I deleted my email account on my phone and tried to reinstall it, again with the configuration specified by Comcast.  I get an "unable to set up account - authentication failed".  There must be a communication issue with Comcast.  Please help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation