Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can't read emails for new email account

New Poster

Can't read emails for new email account

I just set up another email address for my comcast account.  It allows me to sign in with the new email but when I try to read the emails I get the following mesage. 

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000228 EndHTML:000030673 StartFragment:000030004 EndFragment:000030635 StartSelection:000030004 EndSelection:000030631 SourceURL:http://my.xfinity.com/errors/unauthorized/?lang=en&ui_style=light Sorry, we couldn't find that page

Sorry, we couldn't find that page.

The page you are looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Suggested Actions

• Please check the address (URL) you entered for proper spelling. Make sure that no capital letters or spaces are used.
  • You may find what you're looking for by visiting the my.xfinity.com homepage or the site map.

Still need help? Let us know.

Expert

Re: Can't read emails for new email account

How are you trying to sign into the account?    Do you get the normal log-in screen to enter the user ID and password?

New Poster

I just deleted the new email account and recreated it.  No idea why it didn't work the first time.  Seems like maybe you have to have a number in the username I think.  Anyone from Comcast care to comment?????

Expert

All I can say is that I have three accounts right now, one with numbers in the user ID and the others are all letters.  So I don't think it's that.

Official Employee

Hi, howell2 - Since you deleted and recreated that username I can't tell what was wrong at the first time. The error message indicates that the username was created but not the email box. Do you have any issues with the new username?