Community Forum

Can’t get internet to work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can’t get internet to work

I bought a modem at Walmart ( netgear n600 WiFi cable modem router) and it says on the box that it is compatible with xfinity. Called and got my internet activated. Everything seems to be good except everytime I try and access my network, it auto-directs me to the “WoW internet” page and I am unable to go anywhere else. Please help.
Expert

Re: Can’t get internet to work

If you are getting the WoW page it means you are physically connected to their network, not Comcast. Do you have other Comcast services?

I am not an employee.
New Poster

I just moved into this apartment. Comcast Internet is the only thing I purchased. Have no idea where this “wow” stuff is coming from.
Expert

Call Comcast customer service and tell them what is going on. You'll probably need a tech to come out and disconnect your line from the Wow system feed and connect it to the Comcast feed at the pole. BTW, don't be surprised if the rep that sold you the Comcast service made a mistake and that the service is not even available at your address. It's fairly rare for two competing cable service providers to both be available on the same poles / area. YMMV. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!