Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

New Poster

Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

I just realized that I am not getting email that is directed to a domain host. I tried to go to their site and it seems they are defunct.  The domain is still good until 2020, but I’m not sure where to go from here.  I don’t think I can get that mail from the exfinity site or app.  Can I get the email from Comcast til I can get it fixed?

Expert

Re: Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

Can you clarify-------are you saying you are not getting emails from someone using a domain that is no longer functioning?  If that is the case there wouldn't be any way to get emails that never left a server.  Or is there something else going on?

New Poster

Re: Can’t get email from domain host uplink earth

Thanks for the reply. 

The domain is mine. I had it hosted with uplink earth. The only reason I bought the domain was to have a personalized email address. Email went through my Comcast, my ISP, and then to the servers at uplink earth. I realized that I was not receiving email, nor could I send email.  Yesterday I went to their website where I had been able to configure and pay for the service.  It bounced to go daddy. There was a notice that the uplink earth domain had not been renewed. So I figured they are out of business. Now, since xfinity does no host domains, I need to find another host. The problem is that I need an auth code to move from uplink earth to a different host. There is no way I aware of to get that code. 

All I used the domain for was one email address. I’m not a business nor do I have a website to be hosted.  That was my primary email so I cannot access any emails after they failed November 20 or send and receive now.