Community Forum

Can't find my email in my inbox and trrash

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Can't find my email in my inbox and trrash

Closing a 4 year old thread

Official Employee

It looks like you are running an email (pop3) client at home that downloads and then deletes messages from the server.

In order to keep the messages in INBOX on SmartZone, you need to configure your email client (it can be Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) with an option to 'Leave messages on server'.

Note that when the email client deletes messages from the server, they are not put in Trash, but get immediately removed from the system.

You should still have your messages in your email client on your computer at home (unless you deleted them from over there).

Gold Problem Solver

maggieomalley52 wrote:

please advise as to how to find my emails.

thank you,

maggie

Maggie,

Where were the emails you are looking for?  If they were in your inbox, and you have the Email Deletion Schedule set to delete emails after so many days, they could be gone.  To check:  Go into Smartzone & click on Prferences, then click on the Email tab.  Scroll down to the Email Deletion Schedule and look at how many days you have set to delete emails from EACH folder. 

While there, make any changes to the number of days ( or never) that you want for each folder.  Then click on DSAVE in the upper left corner.

Does looking at the Deletion Schedule help you to determine if your emails were delted permanently based on the schedule?

If they were delted, are not in the Trash Folder, then they are gone.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Can't find my email in my inbox and trrash

please advise as to how to find my emails.

thank you,

maggie