Community Forum

Can't connect through my Xfinity router to georgiamls.com site

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't connect through my Xfinity router to georgiamls.com site

There is something odd with my Xfinity home network, recently when we select website georgiamls.com ( a real estate site) no devices on our home network will open it. I tried the neighbors "xfinity" wifi and I could get in. It seems some setting is blocking that site on my network. Where do I look? I looked in parental controls and protected browsing but nothing seems to be blocking it. Any thoughts?

Expert

Re: Can't connect through my Xfinity router to georgiamls.com site

Perhaps a trace route to the URL of the site may reveal a clue.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Try a different browser and see what happends.

Expert

wrote:

Try a different browser and see what happends.

Sounds like they were using the same browser to access the neighbor's WiFi network. If so, the browser is not the variable here... The public IP address is. And theirs may be being blocked by the site for some reason. It's very common.

I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

EG you are correct I tried all browsers from my network to no avail, when assessing the neighbor's network it didn't matter what browser. It seems an IP address issue. I am going to do a traceroute tonight.

Expert

Thought so. Post the output.