Community Forum

Can't access any .Weebly websites...including my own...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't access any .Weebly websites...including my own...

I can't access any .weebly websites through Verizon / Xfinity...Including my own:

http://k12gamer.weebly.com/

I went to the Weebly forums and a lot of other Xfinity users are having the same issue.

Note: The weebly sites can be accesed through other internet providers.

Expert

Re: Can't access any .Weebly websites...including my own...

I just tried it. I couldn't access it through my home Xfinity wifi, but I could get through using my phone's mobile data connection.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@K12gamer wrote: I can't access any .weebly websites through Verizon / Xfinity ...

Comcast does appear to be blocking that site's IP. My trace from Central PA looks like:

C>tracert -4 k12gamer.weebly.com
Tracing route to pages-wildcard.weebly.com [199.34.228.54] over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1  13 ms    7 ms    7 ms router1 [192.168.1.1]
  2  22 ms  14 ms  15 ms 96.120.9.181 [96.120.9.181]
  3  23 ms  23 ms  22 ms te-0-1-0-6-sur02.york.pa.pitt.comcast.net [162.151.68.61]
  4  25 ms  19 ms    *       be-50-ar01.lowerpaxton.pa.pitt.comcast.net [69.139.194.57]
5-30  *         *          *       Request timed out.
Trace complete.

Notice that the trace never leaves Comcast's network. An IP is usually blocked for gross abuse, perhaps by one of Weebly's other customers sharing that same IP.

If an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

You should also contact Weebly and report the problem to them as well. It is likely that the block won't be lifted until the behavior that triggered it has stopped.

New Poster

I have contacted Weebly regarding this trouble (can't reach my site for our festival this weekend owlfestmusic.weebly.com ) and they have informed me they opend a case with Comcast to have the block on their I.P. lifted.  They did not provide a case #.

New Poster

Thanks for the responses so far...

It seems both Weebly and Comcast are aware of the problem...

Hopefully it's an easy fix and gets resolved soon.

Surprisingly...it's been 24 hours...and isn't resolved yet. Smiley Sad

New Poster

(UPDATE)...seems like someone fixed it...

I can now access .weebly websites again!!! 

See the source image