Community Forum

Can't Access Email...Is it just me?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Email

My email has not been accessible for hours!! It has ruined an entire event that was planned with others for today. I want a credit on my account and an explanation! This has been awful... I can't even tell you how this has affected my day.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can't Access Email...Is it just me?

I am also unable to get into email, it just sits and spins

Regular Visitor

Re: Email

No email today  2-7-2016  all day  Something going on . Hope it is fixed soon.

New Poster

It will take a DAY? There's no excuse for that. Even if they're waiting for a part to arrive, they should keep that part in stock so they'll never have to wait. Poor management - or worse.

New Poster

I just received some spam! Halleluia! Never thought I'd say that about spam.

Regular Visitor

@Anon510271 wrote:

colorado

Same here,..... keeps requesting my password which hasn't changed. This a repetitive ongoing problem.... same thing has happened many times in the past, most recently a couple of months ago when it lasted for a full day. Fortunately with the Super Bowl soon to start, I can live with it until tomorrow but this is getting tiresome. Wish Comcast would really diagnose and fix it instead of just temporarily patching it..

Problem Solver

I tryed to get into my email using xfinity.com  i click on the envelope and nothing. I then signed into my account first then it took me to the new my.xfinity.com web site i click envelope icon and my email opened.

May work for others.

Regular Visitor

Same here in New Mexico, no email and a message from 3 months ago that they are working on it. Whatever is going on it sure isn't local

New Poster

email access

Why am I getting this error message while my wife is having no problem with her email on a different computer in the next room?

"Email and voice mail are currently unavailable

Some Customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ® Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause."

Frequent Visitor

In case this is help to others... Per Comcast chat support, they are doing maintenance on their email systems, they are upgrading services for customers and resolution should be 4-6 hours. The ticket number is SI013210028. I asked if this work\outage was planned or unplanned, and was told it might be planned as they were upgrading services. Funny, saw a mistake post that also shared the option to call xfinity hotline at 800-934-6489 to get an email once issue is resolved, my amusement stems from having to have email working again in order 6o r3c3ive this email telling you it is working again, hah. Anyway, they said pop3 and imapi email servers are affected. Good luck all.
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: email service down

Comcast email down in Newcastle WA today, 2/7/2016. Out since around 10:00.

Email client not working, nor is Comcast web mail.

I hate this.  Comcast seems to be going down more and more often.  I think I'll look into the new Google network offering.

New Poster

I go online and click on the envelope and was able to go to and view my e-mail messages. Now I can't do that. WHY?

Expert
Moved:

Email not working - Seattle area

Post REMOVED for violating the Forum Guidelines, Circumventing the Language Filter.

Frequent Visitor

Re: email log in fail

Me either~!!! when I used a different device it just rotates like it's searching to open the page and never does! Grrrr

Regular Visitor

Im in Colorado and same here for what Comcxast charges this should be fixed soon I hope.

New Poster

Thank you for the information!

New Poster

Wide outage of email. Washington state also affected since last night.

Nothing concrete posted from Comcast except for a 2007 script that you will eventually come accross to tell you their engineers are aware of the problem and are hard at work to fix it... is that an ironical joke?

Contributor

email system

Why is it taking so long for Comcast to give access to my(probably others also) emails ?  It shouldn't be down for over an hour.  I have rebooted my machine, its still not working.

New Poster

Having the same problem here in the Minneapolis area (3:30 PM Sunday 2/7/2016).  I called Comcast about 3 hours ago and they said someone would get back to me in 48 to 72 hours!!!  We get the "ERR Internal Server Error" message on our Android phones & tablets, the "Email and voice mail are currently unavailable.  Some customers may experience..." when using Comcast webmail and "Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server mail.comcast.net responded: internal server error" when using Thunderbird. The Comcast rep wanted me to clear my browser cache & history!  I told her I don't think that is the solution!!!

New Poster

I cannot receive or send email all afternoon. I can't figure out why. I can send it thru gmail but not comcast.

New Poster

Cannot access email for a few hours. What is wrong and when will it be fixed?

New Poster

email out?

Is the email still out?
New Poster

Down in Atlanta for several hours also.

Regular Visitor

E-Mails

I am unable to access my E-Mails. When is a resolution expected???????????????

New Poster

email access

All our devices and laptops cannot access email for the last hour

Regular Visitor

Email has been down in Ketchum/Sun Valley area of Idaho since around 10 AM MT this morning.  Three Apple iOS devices, two Windows 10 live mail clients and Comcast web mail page all refuse to connect.  Live Mail returns this message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Comcast (NAME) (1) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

New Poster

I live in NH.  My husband can access but I can't which does not make sense.  So frustrating!

New Poster

I'm in the California (Bay Area) and the comcast emails in our house worked fine yesterday, and are completely stupid today. The email running through Apple's Mail application is showing an error ("there may be a problem with the mail server or network" NO KIDDING) and logging into Xfinity email on Firefox just yields the spinning blue dots. The other emails (Yahoo and Gmail) are all working fine. Hopefully it is just the Superbowl traffic. I've cleared caches and cookies, it's just ridiculous. I hope someone is able to find a solution.

Expert
Moved:

Post removed due to a forum language filter bypass violation.

Regular Visitor

Re: E-Mails

Can not access email today. No comments from Comcast. Only problem is email. Is server down or overloaded.

New Poster

Re: email out?

It's been out all afternoon today 2/07.  Pain in the rear.

New Poster

no email

I can't get my email, been thinking about getting comcast TV but email SNAFU not good sign.

Regular Visitor

Re: E-Mails

Mine has been out all day kind of a hopeless situation. And for what internet cost's I expect more. E-mail is important to people and comcast does not even warn about outages. Really a sad company. I have used them for years and never a notice of outages. Sad, Sad, Sad...

New Poster

Still in Colorado and still without service...

Have read these comments and my opinion: someone at Comcast is telling an incomplete truth. I can see no reason why a company in the business of communications would PLAN a maintenance operation during the middle of the day and  on Super Bowl Sunday.

Dan

New Poster

I cant access my email either from my PC.  i can see it on my phone only

New Poster

no email

I keep trying to see my email and it seems to be stuck and icon keeps spinning.

New Poster

Re: Comcast Email

YaY it's back!!!! 

New Poster

Can't connect to email

There is a problem connecting with email through Xfinity, is there a problem and when will it be corrected?????????????

Valued Contributor

@dnar wrote:

Still in Colorado and still without service...

Have read these comments and my opinion: someone at Comcast is telling an incomplete truth. I can see no reason why a company in the business of communications would PLAN a maintenance operation during the middle of the day and  on Super Bowl Sunday.

Dan

I agree.I don't know what's going on, but a similar thing happened not too long ago. Don't remember if it was the day of the Super Bowl or what it was, but it was a day that would have had a lot of people texting and emailing and everything else. To say this was a scheduled maintenance day on the day of the Super Bowl I truly believe is bogus. Personally, I think they got caught with their pants down...again. Things got a little too busy. "planned maintenance"....SURE. I'm no Al Einstein, but I'm not stupid either!
Frequent Visitor

mine is back up in Florida

Frequent Visitor

Can't access email

Since X-finity updated my homepage on 2/3/16, I haven't been able to access my email. I've signed in every way possible and I keep getting kicked back to the homepage. Duh! I talked to several different Techs and the last one synced my comcast email with my outlook email so I can at least read my comcast email now. However, my comcast emial is also synced with my cell phone and every other minute I get an alert on my cell phone telling me my comcast email username or my password is incorrect. (This alert is driving me crazy! Does anyone know what I can do to at least solve the alert problem?) Will this email problem be fixed anytime soon? Has anyone been given an estimate on the timetable for fixing the email sign-in problem? I assume I'm not the only one with this problem, or I KNOW I'm not the only one with this problem. I wonder how fast comcast would cut off my service if I didn't pay my bill?

New Poster

i am unable to get my e-mail?

I do not get my e-mail from the Xfinity Connect Comunication center 

Frequent Visitor

NO, it's not just you. Haven't been able to connect since 2/3/16. Talked to two different Techs and the last one synced my comcast account with my Outlook account so I can at least read my comcast emails. The problem now is that since my comcast emails are also synced with my cell phone, I keep getting alerts saying either my comcast username or password is incorrect. I get these alerts every few seconds and it's driving me crazy!!

New Poster

email

email wont connect keeps stating undetermined. this just started, whats up???

New Poster

email

24 hours without email service

Regular Visitor

No it's not just you, I was in earlier this morning and when I went to check around 10 am I couldn't get back in. I did contact the help desk and they told me that there was something wrong with the server on there end or back door.

I just tried again around 3 pm pacific time and I still can't get back in it doesn't spin it redirects me back to the comcast web page, and I have turned off the computer to reset it and I still can't get in so I will be making a call first thing in the day on Monday to ask them what the heck is going on. 

I can also connet with the phone so I am not totally cut off from the email. 

This is suppose to be best out there and they charge so much for their service and it is the crappiest service out there.

dg6

Regular Visitor

yep, I got the same message so I reset the pass word to a new one and tried it and I still got the same message. So comcast is screwing up once again.

Valued Contributor

Re: email

I just figured it out. They want us to stare at the circling blue dots so they can hypnotize us and control our minds. That way we don't feel so resentful and taken advantage of when we go to pay our OBSCENE bills. (sorry....I think I'm losin' it here) I'm far from an expert on these things, but this happening on the day of the Super Bowl cannot be a coincidence. And again, we're paying for it. (in more ways than one)
Contributor

@UHFandHD wrote:

I tryed to get into my email using xfinity.com  i click on the envelope and nothing. I then signed into my account first then it took me to the new my.xfinity.com web site i click envelope icon and my email opened.

May work for others.

This did not work for me earlier when I tried it now it is a little so and you have to be patient but is working for me from the MidAtlantic Region. I have noticed in times passed when I could not connect email that trying numerous "email" access points usually enabled me to find a work around. However, this "outage" was longest I have ever had this issue with "undefined" showing up in the url for the link.

Contributor

@carapetunia wrote:

@UHFandHD wrote:

May work for others.

This did not work for me earlier when I tried it now it is a little slow and you have to be patient but is working for me from the MidAtlantic Region. I have noticed in times passed when I could not connect email that trying numerous "email" access points usually enabled me to find a work around. However, this "outage" was longest I have ever had this issue with "undefined" showing up in the url for the link.