Community Forum

Can I use CM1000-1AZNAS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Can I use CM1000-1AZNAS

I want to buy my own modem and avoid the monthly fee.  I currently am on 200 speed tier.  I am looking at CM1000-1AZNAS as I figured I might as well get 3.1 as opposed to 3.0 at this time to make it as future proof as possible.

When I go to http://mynewmodem.xfinity.com/ I see the modem listed.  but when I go to https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo I don't.

so back to my original question, can I get and use the CM1000-1AZNAS modem?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Can I use CM1000-1AZNAS

Should work.  the 1AZNAS is just an extended SKU for Netgear.  The MB8600 though has a 2 year warranty and 4 gigE ports on the back and is slightly cheaper.  If you have a Citi CC you can even get another 2 years of warranty on it.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply, but I'd still be asking the same question if I decided on the MB8600... I see it listed on http://mynewmodem.xfinity.com/ but not when I go looking at my specific plan under mydeviceinfo, even if I update it to a one gig plan.

Will I have any issues installing and uses these modems with Comcast if I am on the 200 tier plan?  I see that it is listed as Certified by Comcast Xfinity for all residential speeds, was hoping to find something official here.

Regular Contributor

No, they both install easily.  Save yourself some time and use the web portal to do it as well.  The main thing is to get something that exceeds the plan speeds as CC periodically ups the speed for free beyond where you're at now.  All of the D3.1 devices will do GigE and under as they're currently approved to do so.  

I will say I've seen more posts here having issues with the SB8200 than the MB8600 while CM1000 doesn't show up as much here.  The warranty and expansion ports swayed me to the MB8600 even though CM's typically act like a Toyota and run forever to the point where providers usually EOL/EOS them before they die.

Expert

wrote:

so back to my original question, can I get and use the CM1000-1AZNAS modem?

Do you also have and wish to continue using their telephone service ? If not, then yes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks  

Regular Visitor

EG:

I'll have dropped (already scheduled) the telephone service by the time I get the modem.

But thanks for the reminder... as it might help the next person that may read this thread.

Expert

No prob !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

And is it compatable with Xfinity Home?? I’m in the same boat, I don’t want to pay for the modem would rather buy. Also want a faster WiFi without having to use a router ...

Regular Contributor

@ wrote:

And is it compatable with Xfinity Home?? I’m in the same boat, I don’t want to pay for the modem would rather buy. Also want a faster WiFi without having to use a router ...

CM1000 / MB8600 / SB8200 are all MODEM only and would require purchasing a ROUTER for WIFI.

Expert

wrote:

wrote:

and would require purchasing a ROUTER for WIFI.

If the poster used a retail router instead of an XB3 or XB6, Comcast's additional sidecar router would need to be tech installed to be compatible with their Xfinity home security system.....

New Poster

I would look at another option for a modem.  I bought the CM1000 and it worked flawlessly for three months but then Xfinity made an “upgrade” to their network and now it no longer works.  The CM1000 will not lock onto the Xfinity network anymore due to changes in the frequencies.  I tried replacing my CM1000 with a new one, thinking it might have been a problem with my device, but I’ve had the same issue with three other devices.  Now I am forced to use an Xfinity modem until Xfinity and Netgear start playing nice with each other.  I was told Xfinity would have the problem resolved in January but here we are in March with no resolution.  I’ve had 5 technicians out, wasted three days of work, gotta love Xfinity.

Official Employee

Hi @Johnson43. I have responded to your other post about your CM1000 concerns/issues located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Netgear-CM1000/m-p/3059125#M275378

I would be happy to help you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.