Community Forum

CUSTOMER "NO HELP" SERVICE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: CUSTOMER "NO HELP" SERVICE

It would be tragic and would be completely inappropriate to discontinue your internet service.  If you switched to a different service, your problems would be the same.  The intrusive warnings about viruses on your computer are adware intended to get you to spend more money removing these supposed viruses.  Most likely, is that your computer needs to be looked at by a qualified technician, and not a generic online "pc-cleaning and tune-up" service like PCMatic. 

Of course, you can try several different computer cleaning and tune up programs which are freely available on the internet.  Among these are

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware available for free at www.malwarebytes.org

CCleaner available for free at www.piriform.com

Run CCleaner cleaning utility first with its default settings and then run malwarebytes anti-malware.  Please report back about how well these did or did not work for you.

Thank you

Silver Problem Solver

Re: CUSTOMER "NO HELP" SERVICE

arejay44 wrote:

I have experienced problems with Comcast internet for the past several days. My computer is protected by Pit-Stop PC Matic, which reports scans of “No Virus” or “Malware Present”. Despite this fact I continue to get virus warnings when I try to use the Xfinity Comcast internet, which only results in links to sell me software. These warnings are so intrusive and numerous that it makes my internet usage almost nonfunctional. I am unable to reach any Comcast help at all. Possibly my only action is to discontinue service, which I consider a drastic option and totally unnecessary.

It sounds like you may have some 'scareware' malware on your PC.

Take a look here for ideas on where to go to get help.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Where-to-Seek-Malware-Removal-Assistance/m-p/88...

The majority of people that respond here are other Comcast customers, Many do not have the training in malware removal to be able to help in sucgh cases, so there are a list of links in that post that will take you to sites where trained Malware removal experts will help you for free.

Be aware that even if you have the Comcast branded version of Norton Security Suite installed, infection of your computer is still possible. No Anti Virus/Anti Malware software is perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CUSTOMER "NO HELP" SERVICE

I have experienced problems with Comcast internet for the past several days. My computer is protected by Pit-Stop PC Matic, which reports scans of “No Virus” or “Malware Present”. Despite this fact I continue to get virus warnings when I try to use the Xfinity Comcast internet, which only results in links to sell me software. These warnings are so intrusive and numerous that it makes my internet usage almost nonfunctional. I am unable to reach any Comcast help at all. Possibly my only action is to discontinue service, which I consider a drastic option and totally unnecessary.