Community Forum

COMCAST is being impossible again(as usual) Anyone get this?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: COMCAST is being impossible again(as usual) Anyone get this?

Year and a half old thread now closed.

New Poster

The problem seems to be with the top page of the comcast website.

Anyway, I was able to solve the problem by logging into the comcast forums (here) first.  There the login works fine.  I was going to reply to the forum post... when I realized I probably couldn't midway when than action started sending me to the login page.

And then the login page came up fine, I logged in fine from there.  Same browser session.  Never touched my preferences.

Once logged in there, it let me into my account on comcast's main site in the other tab fine without another login. 

Except it said I was a "guest" at the top of the webpage where my account would normally be under that login icon image, even though I could see everything in my account.  That just doesn't seem right somehow either. 

Hopefully it's not anything more than a glitch in the appearance, and a minor hassle to login.

New Poster

why is it telling me to re-do something I never changed in the first place...I am really rotten at fixing what I didn't break or do???  Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on. Sorry I tried to get where I was to do it but???? I have chrome???

Silver Problem Solver
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Hi Latoque!

Thank you very much for your complete and understandable instructions.I can do this!!
I appreciate you no end.Am saving this communique.
Joan

Expert

To check your settings for cookies --------------------

Firefox

1. From the Tools menu, select Options.

If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.

2. At the top of the window that appears, click Privacy.

• To manage cookie settings, from the drop-down menu under "History", select Use custom settings for history. Enable or disable the settings by checking or unchecking the boxes next to each setting:

• To allow sites to set cookies on your computer, select Accept cookies from sites. To specify which sites are always or never allowed to use cookies, click Exceptions.

• To accept third-party cookies, check Accept third-party cookies. In the "Keep until:" drop-down menu, select the time period you wish to keep cookies on your computer.

• To specify how the browser should clear the private data it stores, check Clear history when Firefox closes. Click Settings.... Check the items to be cleared when you close Firefox.
    • To view or remove individual cookies, click remove individual cookies.

• To remove all cookies, from the History menu, select clear your recent history. Click the arrow next to "Details" to expand the menu, check the items you want to clear, and then click Clear Now.

Regular Visitor

Dear Latoque,

Thank you! You are kind to reply, here on Xmas.I appreciate you very much! I knew I wasnt connected w/COMCAST-THEY wouldnt do anything HELPFUL! But I spoke as if to them-one lives in hope it will get back to them.I
I couldnt find a way to enable cookies(or disable, as they claimed I did.)I have Firefox.But actually I simply ignored the notice, after venting there.And nothing has happened.I'm not a big tinkerer, and Firefox's help is all composed of the people's help too.Anything private we must pay for today.
I'm a horrible typist.Maybe I hit "something".Sometimes I "hit something" and my whole email disappears.I hae when these things happen.It was VERY maddening to be closing an email when suddenly that message appeared.Because NO, I did NOT "disable cookies"
Before I close, I always go to delete the cookies I acquired that session..I dont like my cache to grow crowded and (more) slow.There is NO choice at "delete cookies" to disable cookies.So I have zero idea etc etc.
Thank you very much again.

Expert

Controlling cookies is a function of your browser.  If you tell us which one you are using we can tell you how to access the controls.  Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari?

Regular Visitor

COMCAST is being impossible again(as usual) Anyone get this?

COMCAST just sent me this:"Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on."

I didnt turn ANYTHING off.I deleted some cookies & was signing off.

PLUS there are NO instructions as to how to turn my cookie function back on.
Hey Merry Xmas COMCAST.Can you just leave me alone???(They OWN the world now, so they have to bother people?? God forbid you should make things EASIER.
I'm MUCH more angry than a person should be on Xmas .Thanks, COMCAST.