Community Forum

CM-STATUS message sent

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

CM-STATUS message sent

Have new Netgear CM-1000 modem.  Has been up and running for a few months for no events.

In the last couple of days been getting the following event.

2018-04-18, 00:43:25 Notice (6) CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33 ; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1 .;CM-MAC=b0:39:56:99:c4:69;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:65:ae:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2018-04-18, 00:43:05 Notice (6)

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 33 ; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1 .;CM-MAC=b0:39:56:99:c4:69;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:65:ae:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I not sure I want to talk to tech support since they just follow a script which is something like, reboot the modem,  we don't see anything on our end.  I can send a tech which does not really help becuase it a customer owned equipment.

Can anybody just explain what this is and is it worth a call to comcast.  And if so how do I get past level 1 and get to someone that can speak America and really get to the problem and not just send a tech and not really solved the messages.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: CM-STATUS message sent

Are you actually having any connectivity issues ?

What do the signal stat figures look like ? 

Also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Admin1

Re: CM-STATUS message sent

Hi n1sxl56 -- We can help with any connectivity issues you're having. Are you able to provide answers to EG's questions? This will help us understand what's going on.