Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Blocked IP address

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Blocked IP address

I'm a Comcast customer as is the friend I'm trying to send an email. I'm going thru my company server.  The email has bounced with this message:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
  [removed]@comcast.net
    host mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
    554 resimta-ch2-19v.sys.comcast.net resimta-ch2-19v.sys.comcast.net 172.81.119.113 Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000

My email address is not on any blacklists.  When I asked Comcast to remove their block, they sent this email:

Thank you for contacting Comcast Customer Security Assurance. We have received and reviewed your Block List removal request.

Blocklist Removal Response: After investigating the issue, we have found that the IP you provided for removal is currently not on our blocklist.

IP Address Submitted:

And yet, the block continues and I got the same message when I tried to email again.

I re-submitted another removal request (since there is no way to dialog with the noreply@ response), but all they did was send me the same message.

I'd like to get this resolved and am hoping someone here can help me do that.

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Blocked IP address

You can try calling them direct------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329