Community Forum

Blast (again)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Blast (again)

I seem to have a similar problem posted earlier by LeetOrange.

I just upgraded to Blast.

DiffProbe beta release. October 2009. Build 1002.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 38.107.216.47.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 4257 Kbps.
Downstream: 29096 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 9705-9784 KB;
Shaping rate: 2128 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 19824-20157 KB;
Shaping rate: 21205 Kbps.

For more information, visit: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprob

As you can see the download seems ok, but the upload looks like it's half of what it should be.

Here's my modem stuff:

Arris 502G

Downstream   Freq/Power: 723.000 MHz 4 dBmV     Signal to Noise Ratio:  36 dB     Modulation: QAM256  

Upstream   Freq/Power: 36.400 MHz 42 dBmV     Channel Type: DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA)     Symbol Rate: 5120 kSym/sec     Modulation: QAM64

Any suggestions?

Expert

Re: Blast (again)

When the Blast tier was upgraded from 16/2 it went to 20/2 in some areas and 20/4 in others. You would need to know what was done in your particular market. This link below shows that another upgrade is coming to 25/4. Maybe you'll get lucky then ? 

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Shaking-Up-Speed-Tiers-Again-112865

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

edit

edit

Expert

@UHFhd wrote:

When the Blast tier was upgraded from 16/2 it went to 20/2 in some areas and 20/4 in others.

??? Now is it the same price for those different speeds to do they pro rate ?

May I suggest that when you quote someone that you use the quoting feature or at least use "quotation marks".

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Thanks EG, I did call in, but all they did was reset the modem and cut the call off....Smiley Happy

Anyway, it looks like I'm on 20/2 then....(Would be nice to know for sure though)...

Bronze Problem Solver

@UHFhd wrote:

When the Blast tier was upgraded from 16/2 it went to 20/2 in some areas and 20/4 in others.

??? Now is it the same price for those different speeds, or do they pro rate ?

FWIW, typically when a tier is upgraded the price doesn't change.  (Not that it might not increase at some point.)  Not sure what you mean by "pro rate", as it applies here.  If you mean is the price slightly less if you only get the /2 versus the /4...I'll admit I don't know for certain--but I doubt it.

Expert

@"Paraniod wrote:

Thanks EG, I did call in, but all they did was reset the modem and cut the call off....Smiley Happy

Anyway, it looks like I'm on 20/2 then....(Would be nice to know for sure though)..."

Try calling again until you get a different CSR who will tell you. Tell them that you aren't complaining (yet) :smileywink: you just want to know. You could also try sending a private message or an E-mail to the forum administrator here ComcastDete and ask him to look for you. He has the tools that can poll your modem and/or the CMTS to see what configuration file you currently have

Silver Problem Solver

UPDATE:

Finally my Blast got upgraded to 25/4 last week, and I have a DOCSIS 3 modem arriving tomorrow. Ok they wouldn't give me a TM 722G, it's the dreaded all in one SMC, but I know it can be put into bridge mode so it should be no problem. (I've read all the posts about that)!

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 6348 Kbps.
Downstream: 30846 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 10251-10329 KB;
Shaping rate: 4181 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 2249-2733 KB;
Shaping rate: 26693 Kbps.

EDIT.....Just connected the D3 modem and see the downstream is now just over 36000Kbps so I gained a little Powerboost there. The other thing I've noticed is the connection, has been pretty constant so far.

With the D2 modem the downstream was up and down all the time.