Community Forum

Bad WiFi

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Bad WiFi

When we signed up for Comcast internet we researched and purchased our own modem.  Shortly after that we purchased a new AC1900 router and a range extender.  The wifi router has dual bands with a 5G that my husband's laptop usually connects to but my older laptop doesn't have the capability to use the 5G connection.  We are in a 2 bedroom, 1069 s/f apartment.  We subscribe to 100 mps internet service as part of the TV/internet bundle.  My husband and I each have a laptop, and android phones, I have an android tablet and he does onling gaming using his PS4.  We constantly have connectivity issues.  He was continually getting booted out of his games until we figured out to plug his PS4 directly into the range extender using an ethernet cable.  He no longer has too much trouble with connectivity when he's playing games but if I try to use my laptop at the same time I constantly experience random disconnect from the wifi or at best slow load times on my email or facebook.  If I"m looking at Instagram on my tablet, the videos have trouble loading and often the feed won't fully load.  I no longer know what else to try in order to be able to have a smooth, fairly fast connection.  Even if my husband is not gaming and I"m the only one online it's still not a great experience.  I don't know if it's my laptop and tablet or if it's the wifi connection.  We don't have any problems with our TV service or streaming Netflix through Xfinity on the TV.  Any suggestions would be helpful.