Community Forum

Auto reformating of what I have written

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Auto reformating of what I have written

I use email to send articles I write for a couple newsletters.  Tonight when I sent an article, I noticed when I checked my sent box that the format had auto corrected and put in extra spaces between paragraphs and some of the lines.  It was not the way I had written it.  I checked the formating options and nothing addresses this.  I tried forwarding and correcting, and it auto corrects again. I have spent 3 hours trying to send an article as I wrote it.  I am very, very frustrated.  I do not find the new Comcast to be user friendly.  It is already slower.  It is TERRIBLE.

If anyone knows how to fix this spacing and parsing issue, please help.  I had another article to submit tonight that will have to wait until morning when hopefully this can be managed. 

Expert

Re: Auto reformating of what I have written

There is no way to alter the line spacing in the webmail.  What I would do is write the articles in a word processor like MS Word, Mac Pages or some other, then send it as an attachment.  You said it's changed in the Sent folder;  did you ask the recipient if it looked OK?  Because there is no guarantee that formatting like that will render the same way in another email program either.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!