Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Auto address is not functioning correctly.When I select a name, it brings up an obsolete address, n

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Auto address is not functioning correctly.When I select a name, it brings up an obsolete address, n

When I select auto address, the address is not that currently in the address book,. There does not seem to be a way of updating autoaddress to select the latest and current address. It is highly inconvenient.

Expert

Re: Auto address is not functioning correctly.When I select a name, it brings up an obsolete address

If you are still in the old email format, there is no way for you to control the auto-fill.  Comcast resets accounts once in a great while, and at that time those old addresses should vanish.  If you are in the new format you have more control.  Open the address book, and click on "Collected Addresses".  There you can delete any entries you want to.  If you actually send an email to an address, the auto-fill will remember it even if it's not in the address book.