Community Forum

Arris tg1682g USB Port Power

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: Arris tg1682g USB Port Power

I agree that it’d be nice to plug a flash drive into the gateway and use as a cloud drive. There’s plenty of other companies that offer such a solution. In this instance I’d just like to use the port to power a raspberry pi.
Expert

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
I’d love to hear though if there’s any gateways that Comcast rents that provide 2.1 amps.

I don't know the reason, but Comast seems to have no interest in the USB port. It seems like it would be a useful addition to users to have a usable data port/ power port on those devices. Seems like a 3.0 USB post isn't asking for too much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I’d love to hear though if there’s any gateways that Comcast rents that provide 2.1 amps.
Contributor

Excuse me for marking the post as answered. That’s because it has been. My apologies.
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I thought the USB port is disabled on that gateway?

The last one I checked still had power to it, but not functional for data transfer.

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Silver Problem Solver

I thought the USB port is disabled on that gateway?

Expert

@DigitalGENOcyde wrote:
Does anyone know how many amps the USB ports supply on this gateway?

They are USB 2.0, so 500mA or 0.5 amps.

Contributor

Amps. I need at least 2.1 amps.
Diamond Problem Solver

Do you mean amps or volts ?
Contributor

Arris tg1682g USB Port Power

Does anyone know how many amps the USB ports supply on this gateway?