Community Forum

Arris gateway 5 lights on but internet not work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Arris gateway 5 lights on but internet not work

Hi,

Since last weekend, gateway router frequently disconnected and many time, show all 5 lights on but internet isn’t working. I unplugged many times and technician came here yesterday. However, he was very rude and very incompetent. He insist that splitter is the issue (splitter is there due to tv box and gateway box). He replaced splitter with new one, but problems remain same. What’s my next option? I really think it’s gateway modem issue because TV works fine so signal connection must be great from outside.
Expert

Re: Arris gateway 5 lights on but internet not work

Start here: troubleshooting guide. Please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log.

If it's a bad device, Comast should come back out and swap it free of charge. 

You're probably going to get billed for the last service call, you should talk to an employee about a credit.

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved. getting a credit for that.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hey Redbird05!

I can help further investigate the issues you are having with your internet. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi,

Talked with representative on Twitter. I do have splitter for tv box and gateway router. Incompetent technician came here two days ago, and he insist the splitter is the issue for internet problems but tv’s HD quality works perfectly fine.

It really sound like a bad gateway router but wonder why Comcast keep sending old equipments when they have brand new xFi gateway router? Comcast representative on Twitter say he will send new gateway box next 1-2 days. Hopefully, it’s just a case of bad gateway box because I doubt it’s signal issue (speed test show very fast condition when router is cooperative)